Friday, January 21, 2005

Party, baby!

Weekend Assignment #44: Recollect for all a humorous story of a party gone wrong. Emphasis on humorous -- Don't bring the room down with a stories that lead to divorces or the loss of a toe or anything (well, maybe the toe one would be okay, so long as it was your toe, and you can laugh about it now). Also remember that here on AOL, we do like to keep things in the "PG" range. You know what I'm talking about here.

Extra Credit: Party pictures, of course! (not necessarily of the same party you write about for the Weekend Assignment. Just, you know, you having fun in a party setting.)

Okay, so wait... me party? HA! I could write about Jake's party but I feel I've covered that pretty well. (BTW: that's two seperate links. One on Jake's and one on party.) I could write about any number of birthday parties but most aren't humorous. Ummm.... I could write about my going away party where my mother ruined 1/2 the night for me. So which do you think is humorous? I'll write about a couple of 'em. But I ain't coverin' Jake's party again. You wanna find out, you go read it, kay? Kay. *angelic grin*

Party gone wrong? Birthday. 2003, right? Nope. Apparently 2001. So it sucked. At the time. It was Lindz. And me. And nobody else. And it sucked because I missed all my Marion friends and they all got grounded or forgot and didn't bother to tell me. So I hated it because it was just a normal sleepover with a girl that I still thought was weird. Not my best friend. Not how I wanted to spend my birthday. Now, I love Lindz. She's great. (Just covered that though.) I love having sleepovers with her but for my birthday, I like having more than one friend over, ya know? So yea. That's my eleventh birthday party.

This year, my party was at an arcade/bowling alley/dance club/restaurant/awesome place that's no longer in my city.:(  Anyhow, yea. So it was a bowling/arcade party and I LOVED it. Sheli, Colleen, Lindz, Ashley, Cindy, Liz, and me. We had a BLAST. We kept changing the names on the bowling thing. I don't even know who I was by the end of our last game. But I wore my cowboy hat. It was new at that time and I loved it (still do and just wore it Wednesday to make me smile through youth group as if I needed help). It kept getting stolen. My friends liked it too. At one point, they named me Shania Twain. Ummm I'm not but that's okay. Sheli, Liz, and Lindz slept over. We went to the diner (Gail's diner) for dinner that night. Liz was in her "eating makes me sick" stage and Sheli decided it was because she was born to be vegan. Liz spilt my Dr. Pepper all over the table so we switched to another one. Just us girls. The guys sat at a different table. When we were done eating, we drove home, in the trunk. I love sitting in the trunk. Us girls did something and we wound up sitting in my bedroom with just candlelight illuminating the room. Liz and Lindz made T-shirts (that they still have and cherish) and I filled in a questionaire from the National Student Something-or-other. Sheli, of course, raided my bookshelf. Liz and I walked to the pond at one point and just talked. Lindz and Sheli caught up, much to Liz's chagrin. There wasn't much "drama" at the party. I guess there was no "gone wrong" part. We had a blast. I don't remember the next day but I remember the cool air (it was in April, I think, definitly NOT near my birthday) and laying in the grass with Lindz and Sheli and just talking and hanging out. My cake had a picture of "Europe", the Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Piza, stuff like that. It was a great party.

The party my mother ruined. I'm not pleased at all with how it turned out. I was in fifth grade and my parents decided that we were going to move. (Okay, it's more complicated but this is a weekEND assignment, not a month long assignment.) So I'm upset. I just want to stay with my friends. boohoo, tear, sob, sigh. Fine. But I'm having a going away party. With all my friends. Here. In our house. The week before we move. So I got my party. I had 30+ friends. Way too many. I didn't know who was where and we had a few fights over music. (It's my party, I decide. Mom, you DJ.) So ya know that game telephone? Where a "secret" goes around the room and the last person to hear it says it outloud and it's never the same? Well Mummy Dearest started. I was seated two away from her (Mummy, Katie, and then me). This thing goes around and I'm expecting something whatever, ya know? It gets to me and I jump up and run to my (half-packed) room in tears. My mother passed around the "secret" that "Vickey likes Adam P*******". Vickey has detested him since she first laid eyes on him. It's a family joke though because we were in the same class for K, 1, 2, 4, and 5. NOT FUN! As I run upstairs, I hear Katie going, "What? What was it? I never heard it." My mom came after me and found me on my bed with my head in my pillow, sobbing. Finally she (and some of my concerned friends) convince me to come downstairs and re-join the party. So I do and I had a blast, eventually. Ali (not the one who is dealing with the drama right now), Amberly, Kristen, and I had a sleepover. It was a blast but I don't remember much of it. So after my mother 1/2 ruined it, something was salvaged of the night.

Oh, and my tenth birthday party! THAT was fun. Amberly and Tori slept over and we had the usual ten year old girl blast. We did our hair, make-up, and MASH (a game that ten year old girls.... correction: a game that girls and some guys begin at the age of ten and don't stop until they turn ummm.... I'll tell you when I stop... anyhow, it tells your "future"). We stayed up until 2am. Amberly kept sleep walking and then Tori (my bff at the time) started it. Apparently, I walked into a wall and said, "Can I have a frozen youghurt please?" which I find ridiculous since a) I've never sleepwalked before or after then and b) I'd never had frozen youghurt before I moved. Around 2, I got fed up and tired and I went into my barbie plastic tent :-[ and tried to sleep. It didn't happen. We wound up on the couch at 3 am and we slept there (me 1/2 on the floor, of course). We slept soundly and until morning. It was great. Seriously.

So any other parties coming to mind? Not at the moment. But most of those were good stories. No "gone wrong". Ah well. So I broke the rules. Most of 'em weren't downers though (well that one about my mom could be but focus on the others!). This was a cool assignment. I'm off to pack up for a weekend "retreat". LOL I'm goin' to my mummy's. (I'm feeling like using un-American words like that. Like British or Australian or Irish or whathaveyou. So I am. DEAL!) I'll be back on though, I'm sure. This IS me. Ciao for now, bambinos!

Love always,
Vickey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)  
Promise

Anonymous said...

You're funny!  I enjoyed reading this. - Karen

Anonymous said...

Those were funny!  Gotta give mom a 'boooo' for that tele-secret...man I hope I never do that ....of course now I embarass her on purpose just cause I can ;)...you think it's bad when a kid throws a temper tantrum in a store, I've done it right back, that really got her goat!  You'll look back and laugh, I hope!
More catching up to do ;)
xoxo~B