Thursday, January 6, 2005

Another one

This feeling is uncomfortable. If it is love (I'm not sayin it is), I don't like it. Butterflies in my stomach and my heart, nerves all stressed and freaking me out, body going basically haywire. And Tom's not even here! He's home-schooled. Twenty miles (give or take) away! Crap. Must pay attention. Frau Mac is zinging me back to class with a question that I didn't hear. So no that that feeling has subsided somewhat. I don't love him... do I? So here's what I know at the moment. If any guy other than Tom asks me out, the answer is no. I want to get to know him better. I want to not feel so uncomfortable and nervous in his presence. I want to flirt with him and laugh and have a good time. I want him to make the first move. I want the courage to say yes and to not have to whack people in the face with my purse because they "threaten" to talk to him. Even though they deserved it for other reasons. I want to be able to know how he'll react to stuff. When I whacked Josh :-[, I thought he'd be like, "What did you do that for?" and all but he was like "awesome. High five." Then again, he basically detests Josh and I've known this since June. Goodness. Simply summoning his image in my mind causes that feeling to return.

Love always,
Vickey

Note: To love someone you've gotta know them. I don't know Tom well enough to love him. This is just a serious crush. I hope it doesn't crush me like the last one did...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is a risk... could crush you like a 10 ton boulder, or take you for a rocket ride to the moon and back. This initial feeling of euphoria is your brain's chemical reaction to all those wonderful things you see in Tom. They will ebb and flow with time... how long will be the key. After the euphoria and butterflies subside what remains? And of course this most excellent feeling is designed to bring two people together initially... makes you wanna be round him right? Give you that "natural high." Truly I still feel that, not always, when I think of my love. Enjoy the ride but careful not to let it take you someplace you'll later regret. These emotions and the neural reactions they cause do actually have the physical ability to impede sound, rational judgment.

All that stuff aside... I’m so THRILLED for you Victoria!!! Love is grand. If it aint love it sure sounds like Tom and you have a wunderful start to something. Yaaaawhoooo!

Anonymous said...

My hubby and I first got together when my friend told him 'Go talk to Sara, she really likes you'!!  I could have killed her right then and there, but we're still together, 12 years later, so I guess I should be thanking her :o)
I remember those freaky outy feelings!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, butterflies.......and worms, centipedes, buzzing june bugs and ants dancing in your shoes!  Sounds like a fluttering heart to me ;)   All you're going thru, and wondering about is normal...it's kind of like your natural standards.  I still get those feelings in my stomach when I think of the first time I met Chris and all of our nervous encounters.  Gosh it's great, isn't it ;)
xoxo~B

Love comes in all forms, maybe it's not the I want to marry you and have babies love, but opening your heart to someone is a form... The word can be scary, sometimes it's easier to just call it something else.

*Talk not of wasted affection; affection never was wasted.* ~Longfellow~