Tuesday, January 4, 2005

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Okay... let's try this once more. OMG! IT WORKED! At least, it worked on my computer. If it worked on yours, too, tell me so I can be thrilled all over again. So, keep in mind with this picture that a)I'm not very demonstrative of my excitement upon the opening of gifts.Never have been. 2) It was early! I was tired. So I'm normally much cuter in this coat but not that early in the morning. So, that's my new coat. Yay! So I think I know what I've been doing wrong. If any of this confuses you, ignore it. I go to "My FTP Space" (FTP apparently stands for file transfer protocol.) & click "See My FTP Space". I click "Create Directory" then load my pictures into that. It may work for some of you but my computer is very tempermental. So now does anyone know how to get rid of the directories & stuff that I've created? If not, it's okay. If so, YIPPEE! So, remember that photo scavengar hunt that we did a looooooooooong time ago about computer desks? Well, here are my photos. And I'm ambitious so I'm going to redo it. After my homework.

 So that's the "before photo" and here's the after.

 So now I am thrilled. Thank you to Promise, Michael, Bernadette, and Sara. If anyone else helped out by sending directions or tips, thank you to you as well. I'm just forgetful. And could you all do me a favor? I know I ask for a lot of these but, this is another one & quite easy to do. Pray for/send good vibes to Becky. She's six years old & she has cancer in her brain and neck. I've never met her but she's my (and let's see if you can follow this one on the first try) mom's husband's son's mother's fiancee's daughter. Okay? Ya got that? And my mom's husband's son's mother is not my mother. I'm not that deceptive. Oh, and the mistake with the pictures may have been my typing errors or something. Because those desk pictures were in one of those directories. Anyhow, off to do that English. That was due yesterday. :-[ And my timer still has 10 seconds left. From the 300th time I set it.

Love always,
Vickey

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... may I be the first to congratulate you on your most successful venture. Excellent! Lovely coat by the way, no wonder you wanted to get out and give it a whorl.  Even messy your puter desk is neater than mine. Now we can all picture you there typing away all those excellent journal entries and wonderful poems.

Anonymous said...

WTG I knew you could do it :)  
~Promise

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo Vickey!!!
It's tricky to work this stuff out the first time, but you will soon be posting pics in your journal with your eyes closed!!
Nice coat :o)
Good vibes being sent for Becky, poor little thing, hope she'll be OK.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

The pictures came out fine.  If you need any help just let me know.  I found your journal through another and I am glad I did.  I shall certainly pray for Becky, the poor little mite. I have put you on alerts and shall certainly be back to read more.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family

Anonymous said...

YEA!  The pictures look great!  You did a great job tidying the desk ;)
To delete the files, highlight the file in the list, then click Utilities, I think it has a lightbulb picture on it.  Then you can delete it, so long as it's allowed to be deleted.
I LOVE, love, love that jacket!  It's so cute!  
Prayers have been and will be said for Becky, how scary for the little angel, will definitely send good vibes.
Take care doll!
xoxo~B