Sunday, January 16, 2005

Comment *tears*

I really should be working on my editorial for English but, I had to write this. I've started giving out my journal address to a few friends here and there. Just mentioning it and when they ask for the URL, I give it to them. So a few of my friends from school do read this. Which is slightly unnerving but, great too. My friend Rachel is the latest person to read. She left a comment (she says two but I can't find one of them). Anyhow, she left a comment under the entry title "Bipolar?". It has been so long since I've cried over a comment and this one broke that spell. Not that the comments haven't been great but that they haven't been like "Oh my gosh. That so sweet. *tears*". They've been "Oh my gosh. [insert name] is so great. That's exactly what I thought s/he'd say." And more often laughter instead of tears. But Rach made me cry. Her comment (to save you the trouble of going to find it) is this: "~*hey vickey....i love your journal....it's kind of amazing how you retain your sanity. actually, i admire you for it. you're a really cool person...you never really freak out about anything you just kind of go along with it and write it all down. then there's me...i freak out about practically everything. guys, school, track. everything. plus i love how you stand up for what you believe in. that's amazing. i guess it's like we all believe in something (there's me, who just recently dreamed of taking a road trip to toronto and protest this stupid pointless war that we're in. then there's abortion, which i highly detest and oppose, and then the death penalty, which i also despise. but i'm not doing anything to help any of these causes and it kills me.)but it's what you do to help your cause that matters. my dream in life is to make a difference and it's hard...points for being sane and standing up for what you believe in, vickey! yay! what makes you think you have to keep smiling? you don't, not really. in fact, you shouldn't. you should see me whenever i'm pissed off....oh it's great. i'm hugely immature, quite loud, and i'll show the world that i'm mad. :) i do like the rest of that sentence though...if i'm pissed off it does show. it's so true. vickey you're an amazing person and i'm just really lucky i got to know you. i can't really relate that much to your life because i guess my life is so much better than many people's, but i hope it gets better. in fact, i know it will. because "you have two lives. there's the one that you learn with and the one you live with." ~iris lemon. :) haha! yeah.... you're just in the life that you learn with now. and since this life has been so bad for you so far, that just means that you're life that you live with will be that much better. :) plus you're right. you've got friends and God. :) ~rachel ps. i dance horribly too. power to the people who can't dance!" The Iris Lemon thing is from The Natural. The book, not the movie. The book sucks (majorly) but there are a few great quotes. "Look, I'm a twisted tree." and the two lives quote. Coming from someone that I see everyday in school, that comment meant a lot. Not sure where she got the can't dance thing from (but I can't dance for squat). So, Rach, if you're reading this, thank you. For the comment, for your friendship, for helping me NOT spaz out when I got that subpoena. Thanks. If you ever need me, you've (now) got my number. And if ya lose it, just e-mail me, hun. Same goes for the rest of you. Thank you for your comments, your support, your encouragement. If you need me, you've got my e-mail. Anytime, I'm here. Well, not literally. But I'll listen and respond when I get it.

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some times to go forward u have to share what held u back. U do that so well in ur journal but not in a bad way but a uplifting manner which encourages readers to perservere. I thank u so much for sharing so  much of ur days  and all with us. In my case it often brightens my day. I thank u for ur excellent work and ur many moments u made me smile just reading. Thanks  U deserve good moments and lots of positive imput.
in respect and friendship
Aaron

Anonymous said...

You have 2 lives...that's a great line, and what a good friend Rachel is ;)  There's nothing that can compare to a friend who will come in and talk to you from their heart.  I read a great quote somewhere that...no wait, it was a blinkie ;) but it said 'A true friend walks in when the world walks out'
*and bonus points for letting your friends read your journal :)
Take it easy doll!
xoxo~B