Friday, January 7, 2005

Counseling

Yesterday, I had a meeting with Mrs. Lynch, my guidance counselor. I was like, "Why the heck?". Dad called her a few weeks ago and she wanted to talk to me and so I talked for 20 minutes and did not once mention SI. I didn't mention it because I didn't know if she can tell Dad that I've been tempted in the past. If she can, I don't want to mention it but how much can I get out of it if I'm holding back? Maybe I'll mention it anyhow. Dad claims that he already knows. Also claims to know about Tom. We've agreed to meet once a week. Our next meeting is first period Friday. I miss voice class. No biggie. So if I mention this, I get one of the things I wanted-treatment. But maybe it's already taken care of. No, the feelings may not be there anymore but why the hell were they there in the first place? That is what I need treatment for.

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe you could ask the counselor if she would tell your Dad things if you confided in her.  I think she would have to give you an honest answer.  If you don't feel you can open up to her, there's probably not much point going at all.  Maybe if she did tell your Dad, she could tell him in a better way for him to understand, and maybe advise him on ways he could help you.  
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

My first question, are YOU comfortable talking to the counselor about that, whether your dad knows or not.  You'd be surprised at how much your dad might understand if you give him a chance.  It's good that you're getting it out, and being more comfortable talking directly about it is a very big step.  

*The present contains nothing more than the past, and what is found in the effect was already in the cause.* ~Henri Bergson~

It's gonna help a lot to figure out where those feelings stemmed, that's the part that most people just look past.  Yes, the past is over...but it's always going to be there.  To cure the ailment you have to find the cause.  Learning to deal with your emotions is a long, long road.  I wish you the best doll :)
xoxo~Bernadette